2019 LCA Nationals
Zippo and I had a great time at the LCA National in Estes Park, Co last week! It was awesome to have several Tipping Point puppies entered, and to visit with local TppgPt families who came out to support us.
• TippingPoint’s Erikson ‘Erik’ and his owner, Nicole Strickland, won the 6-9 month puppy class in both the LCA Club Show and the AKC National.
• Bluebonnet’s Patent Pending of TippingPoint ‘Henry’, owned by Tania Rogers & Kyle Hennefer, placed second in the Open class of the Club Show and took Reserve Winners Dog and finished his championship at the AKC National.
• TippingPoint’s Dazzling Pursuit ‘Dazzle’ took first place in the American bred class in the AKC National.
• TippingPoint’s Contessa of Bluebonnet ‘Tessa’, owned by Lynn & Jim Gregory, showed well in the extremely competitive champion bitch class. Tessa and Lynn also competed in Barnhunt at the National and earned their RATI title and one Q toward their Novice.
• Zippo (Fiva’s Zokrates) was voted fourth in People’s Choice in the Top 20 competition, received an Excellent rating from Judge Rafael Malo Alcrudo in the LCA Club Show, and made the final cut of champion males in both the club show and the AKC National.
•A highlight of the week was Brady Doelling and Zip competing in PeeWees. They made such a great team! I smiled so hard during their time in the ring that my cheeks hurt.
• Bluebonnet’s Priv Coll Cooper of TippingPoint ‘Cooper’ and his owners, Bud and Robyn Phillips, came out to support us. Bud and Robyn made the trip from Fort Collins to Estes Park on two separate days and took care of us like family while they were there.
|Nicole and Erik with their bling|
|Kyle and Henry. Photo by Beth Kristenson.|
|Deb and Dazzle|
|Zippo and me|
|A highlight of the week was Brady Doelling and Zip competing in PeeWees. They made such a great team! I smiled so hard during their time in the ring that my cheeks hurt afterward|
|Zippo and me. Photo by Beth Kristenson.|
|Joe and Tessa. Photo by Mary Monahan.|
|Photo taken by Beth Kristenson on a hike hosted by the Frontier Leonberger Club of the Southwest.|
|Zippo with Dr. Douglas Thamm of the CSU Flint Animal Cancer Center. Dr. Thamm presented at the LHFI seminar.|